Each week, daily recipes reflecting different styles of art will be featured along with chances to win valuable sweepstakes prizes to help the home chef create even more culinary masterpieces. Themes include: Realism (because you really need to get dinner on the table in 30 minutes); Botanicals (celebrating veggie-laden recipes); Renaissance (where classic recipes are updated to reflect today’s tastes and time restraints); and Minimalism (because less can be more in terms of tasty ingredients.)
For added excitement, Dreamfields will be featured on leading blogger, Momma Cuisine’s, hit TV show, #InTheKitch, that will be broadcast on Facebook LIVE Tuesday, October 3, at 7:30 p.m. EST. Additionally, Retro Rad Chef and Food Network alumni, Emily Ellyn, will be hosting a special Facebook LIVE event with Dreamfields on National Pasta Day, October 17, at 7:30 p.m. EST. Emily will talk about pasta, give away fabulous prizes, and share all her latest culinary adventures. Just follow the hashtag #HealthyPastaMonth2017; follow Dreamfields on its Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest; or visit http://healthypastamonth.com/ to access to all the action connected with the month-long festivities.
Dreamfields makes any pasta dish better thanks to its delectable flavor and added nutritional benefits. Made from premium durum wheat semolina, it has the same taste and texture as traditional pasta. However, Dreamfields has the added bonus of having five grams of fiber per one cup cooked serving – that’s twice as much fiber as traditional pasta – and seven grams of protein. Look for the black box in the pasta aisle of your local supermarket or grocery store.
“We’re so excited to be celebrating Healthy Pasta Month and sharing pasta dishes that can help you eat a little healthier, yet still taste delicious,” said Liz Housman, Dreamfields Director of Marketing. “We invite everyone to join us on both October 3 and 17 for our Facebook LIVE events, and every day on http://www.healthypastamonth.com for more recipes, tips and chances to win great prizes!”
Here’s a taste of the kinds of recipes to expect from #HealthyPastaMonth2017. This “realism” masterpiece is from notable blogger Momma Cuisine and can really be made in just 30 minutes. For more recipes like this, visit http://www.DreamfieldsFoods.com.
Chicken & Mushroom Spaghetti in Spicy Red Wine Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
1 box Dreamfields Spaghetti
1/4 cup olive oil
4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 teaspoons kosher salt (optional)
Fresh cracked pepper
1 cup chopped Spanish or white onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon dried Italian herb mix
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
8 ounces cremini mushrooms, washed and sliced
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
1- 1/2 cups favorite red wine
Shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve about half of cooking liquid before draining; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high to high until hot.
3. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, as desired. Lightly coat both sides with flour. Place in hot oil, cook 2 to 3 minutes then turn, and cook 2 more minutes or until golden brown. (Chicken will not be cooked completely at this point.) Set aside.
4. Decrease heat to medium. In the same pan, cook onion and garlic 3 to 4 minutes or until onion begins to soften. Stir in Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes, adding additional oil if needed. Add mushrooms; cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomato paste and continue cooking and stirring 1 minute to blend ingredients. Add wine, stirring and scraping bottom of pan to loosen browned bits.
5. Return chicken thighs to skillet, along with any drippings. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, adding small amounts of pasta cooking liquid if needed for consistency. Test chicken for doneness. Continue cooking if necessary until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat.
6. Add spaghetti. Gently toss with sauce to coat completely, adding additional pasta cooking liquid if necessary. Top with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition information (per serving based on 6 servings): 460 calories; 19g protein; 58g total carbohydrates; 13g total fat; 2g saturated fat; 50mg cholesterol; 280mg sodium; 8g total dietary fiber.