Throughout the year, The Italian-American Page will feature original, fresh and relevant stories for our readers.
If you’re interested in submitting a bylined article, blog post, or information your event, please read our guidelines below and email Daniel Casciato, our managing editor at firstname.lastname@example.org. All ideas will be reviewed by our editorial team and a staff member will be in contact to discuss our production expectations if we wish to move forward.
Bylined Articles, Sponsored Blog Posts, and Guest Columns
Contributed articles and blog posts from guest authors should be 700 words or less, be educational and informative, rather than an advertisement of your organization. Bylined articles or blog posts should be written in the third-person—unless the submission is an opinion piece approved by the editor. Opinion pieces and columns should also be 700 words or less and can be written on the first-person.
Include an author bio (75 words or less) as well as contact information for the readers (i.e. phone number, email, and/or your website). Please also send a digital photo of the author or a photo relevant to the piece (300 dpi), along with a cutline.
Calendar of Events
Have a special event coming up? Send us the name of the event; location; dates; and contact information.
We encourage you to send your press releases on breaking news, awards, new hires, promotions, and other things that your organization is proud and excited to announce. We welcome and encourage photos (300 dpi) with submissions. All press releases should offer a clear, thorough description of your product or service. If your product or service is not healthcare specific, it is helpful to tell us how it is applicable to the healthcare community.
We encourage photos with article and/or press release submissions. Photos should be at least 5″ wide and 200 dpi. Headshots should be at least 2″ wide and 300 dpi. Also, be sure to include the cutline.
Since we publish news 24/7, we accept submissions on a rolling basis and try to post your news within one week of receiving it. Email your content to email@example.com.
Bylined Article Checklist
- Since this is an Italian-American lifestyle magazine, all bylined articles should have an Italian-American focus.
- Bylined articles should be sent as a Word (PC) or Pages (Mac) document and written in the third-person, unless the submission is an opinion piece approved by the editor.
- Include a suggested title for the article and the author’s byline.
- Add a short bio (75 words or less) of the author, including name, title, position, office location, and company website. You may also submit a digital headshot photo (72 dpi) of the author.
- Contributors are welcome to provide any accompanying photos or artwork to complement the article. Color is preferable, but black and white is acceptable.
- Do not include footnotes or endnotes. Any appropriate references should be incorporated into the narrative of the article itself.
- After the work has been published you may use, reproduce, and adapt the work for any purpose. You retain all rights.
- Since we publish news 24/7, we accept submissions on a rolling basis and try to post your news within one week of receiving it.